Re: [Exim] Possible Bug in exim 3.953

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Vadim Vygonets
CC: Exim Mailinglist
Subject: Re: [Exim] Possible Bug in exim 3.953
On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> > > Feb 19 11:13:13 gate kernel: ^Mtcp_ack: seq a8c9e07c ack 5aafd932
> > > Feb 19 11:13:13 gate kernel:
> > >     Data arrived on 053c8c0c after close
> > >     [Data right edge 5AAFD955, Socket shut on 5AAFD933] 0

> > I don't know what these mean at all. Are there any experts who do on
> > this list?
>
> I'm not, by any sence, a Linux kernel expert, but I was told that
> these log lines appear when the TCP socket has a debug flag. It
> happens with Exim 3.95x on all Linux systems I've seen (except
> that on newer kernels different lines are logged).

Well, Exim 3.95x doesn't intend to set a debug flag on any sockets. I
don't know enough about sockets to try anything like that. I don't
remember making any changes to the way Exim handles sockets from the
3.3x releases. I don't think I should hold up the 4.00 release for
this... we'll have to track it down afterwards.