Re: [Exim] Am i in over my head?

Author: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Am i in over my head?

On 21 February 2002, Philip Hazel said:
> It's plausible, assuming that the relevant text is not too far into the
> body. You could apply suitable tests in a system filter. (In Exim 4 you
> could also do it in a router.) But why can't you get whatever is
> creating the messages to send them where you want them in the first
> place?

Or write a separate script to filter the messages, either before sending
them on to Exim or after Exim receives them. (This might be necessary
if you can't modify the case tracker.) Exim's filtering language is
really nice and a great tool for rejecting viruses or sorting list mail,
but it's not a panacea -- and it's certainly not a general-purpose
programming language. Python and Perl both have good libraries for
parsing and dealing with email.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???