Re: [Exim] Fordwardfile problem

Author: Manuel Molina
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Fordwardfile problem
Yann Golanski wrote:

> Quoth Manuel Molina on Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 11:38:28 +0100
> >      I'm setting up a mail service with an openldap directory service. I
> > already have two directors for local delivery and alternateaddress
> > supported by the ldap service. I'm in trouble with the third director,
> > who is responsible of forwarding messages if the correct ldap field of
> > the user is checked (mailforwardingaddress). Please check the lines
> > below to see my work. Actually it seems to bypass the forward part, and
> > go directly to the 'local_delivery' part.
> >      Can anyone give me a hint of what's wrong ? (look at the 'reenvio'
> > director )

> Yeah. Try `exim -d -bt <address>' and see what this gives you. It should
> tell you where the problem is -- if there is one.

    Well. I did so. I have an entry for one user which e-mail is
'prueba2@???', who has 'mailForwardingAddress' set to
'prueba1@???' (another local domain). I run the test with the
address and this is the result (below). I have one question: Does the
local_part that results from the expansion _have_ to be a local user in
the machine running exim ?

---------address test------------
> prueba2@???

Testing prueba2@???
castronet.com in local_domains? yes (matched castronet.com)
castronet.com in percent_hack_domains? no (end of list)
address prueba2@???
local_part=prueba2 domain=castronet.com
domain is local

directing prueba2@???
calling reenvio director
search_open: ldap "NULL"
cached open
search_find: file="NULL"

key="ldap:///ou=castronet.com,o=laley?mailID,mailMessageStore,mailQuota,mailHost,mailForwardingAddress,mailAlternateAddress?sub?(&(mailID=prueba2@???)(objectclass=mailClass)(mailStatus=1))"
partial=-1
LRU list:
internal_search_find: file="NULL"
type=ldap
key="ldap:///ou=castronet.com,o=laley?mailID,mailMessageStore,mailQuota,mailHost,mailForwardingAddress,mailAlternateAddress?sub?(&(mailID=prueba2@???)(objectclass=mailClass)(mailStatus=1))"
database lookup required for
ldap:///ou=castronet.com,o=laley?mailID,mailMessageStore,mailQuota,mailHost,mailForwardingAddress,mailAlternateAddress?sub?(&(mailID=prueba2@???)(objectclass=mailClass)(mailStatus=1))
LDAP parameters: user=NULL pass=NULL size=0 time=0
perform_ldap_search: ldap URL
="ldap:///ou=castronet.com,o=laley?mailID,mailMessageStore,mailQuota,mailHost,mailForwardingAddress,mailAlternateAddress?sub?(&(mailID=prueba2@???)(objectclass=mailClass)(mailStatus=1))"
server=127.0.0.1 port=0 sizelimit=0 timelimit=0
Re-using cached connection to LDAP server 127.0.0.1:0
Start search
ldap_result loop
LDAP entry loop
LDAP attr loop mailID:prueba2@???
LDAP attr loop mailQuota:10240
LDAP attr loop mailHost:localhost
LDAP attr loop mailForwardingAddress:prueba1@???
LDAP attr loop mailMessageStore:/opt/data/exim/buzones/pr/ue/prueba2/
search ended by ldap_result yielding 101
LDAP search: returning: mailID=prueba2@??? mailQuota=10240
mailHost=localhost mailForwardingAddress=prueba1@???
mailMessageStore=/opt/data/exim/buzones/pr/ue/prueba2/
lookup yielded: mailID=prueba2@??? mailQuota=10240
mailHost=localhost mailForwardingAddress=prueba1@???
mailMessageStore=/opt/data/exim/buzones/pr/ue/prueba2/
reenvio director declined for prueba2 (not a user)

--
    Thanks in advance,

        Manuel Molina Cuberos / http://easy.to/deluxe
        IP Sistemas           / http://www.ipsistemas.com