RE: [Exim] New RPM packages for RedHat 7.2 -- exim 3.35 ava…

Author: Dave C.
To: Peter Santiago
CC: Karl Schmidt, Exim-Users@Exim. Org
Subject: RE: [Exim] New RPM packages for RedHat 7.2 -- exim 3.35 available
On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Peter Santiago wrote:

> Would it be possible to know what is the runtime configuration for compiling
> of the RPM binarnay packages? I would like to add MySql support, and in
> addition, regarding the SRPMS spec file, is that the file I need to edit to
> add extra compilation flags? Thanks...........

RPM use patches - you will need to do "rpm -bp" to get it to unpack and
patch(prep) the existing one, then check what changes you need, and make
an appropriate patch.

Really, if you don't know how SRMPS work and you need a custom-compiled
exim, you should just download the tarball and compile it directly..