Re: [Exim] transport_filter and spamc

Author: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] transport_filter and spamc
On 20 February 2002, Ben Strawson said:
> I'm probably missing something here (wouldn't be the first time), but
> why does hardly anyone use the "transport_filter" option to invoke
> spamassassin (and other similar programs). Most people (I would have
> thought) will be using spamassassin on local deliveries, so this to me
> is the quickest way to configure it.

Hmmm, good idea. That works as long as all you want to do is filter the
mail (eg. add "this is spam" headers), but not if you want to reroute
the message based on the outcome of the filter -- eg. save spam to a
special folder and send everything else on.

> I set spamassassin up to work this way - it just meant adding one line
> to the configuration.
>
>     transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamd -F 0

Umm, you are aware that spamd is a daemon that is meant to be run
independently of the MTA, and contacted by the spamc client, right? You
should be running spamc from Exim.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???