Re: [Exim] Exim's sendmail (in)compatibility: Commandline op…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tobias Burnus
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim's sendmail (in)compatibility: Commandline options
Hi Philip,

> > I struggle with two problems concerning the Exim's support of the
> > sendmail arguments (/usr/lib/sendmail).
> > a) -t -i vs. -ti
> > In sendmail (and postfix) I can stagger the -t and -i option to -ti,
> > which fails with exim.
> > b) the longer -b options are not supported,
> > such as -ODeliveryMode=deferred
>
> Indeed again. Those are also not documented as working, and again, I
> have never implemented them. Personally, I think they just waste space
> in the binary, and cpu time whenever they are decoded, but that's just a
> personal opinion.

Well I understand this perfectly and I only came across this problem
when installing Bugzilla (http://www.bugzilla.org). They changed
recently -t to -ti and broke my installation (meanwhile fixed to -t -i)
[Postfix and Sendmail support -ti]. Bugzilla also has another problem --
meanwhile documented but not fixed (which I also experienced, but I
didn't want to use deferred anyway):
  - Email notifications will not work out of the box if you are
    using Postfix, Exim or possibly other non-SendMail mail
    transfer agents, as Bugzilla sends mail by default in
    "deferred" mode using the "-ODeliveryMode=deferred" command
    line option, which needs to be supported by the sendmail
    program.  To fix this, you can turn on the "sendmailnow"
    parameter on the Edit Parameters page (editparams.cgi).
    (bug 50159)

Thanks for your program and hopefully also Bugzilla's bug 50159 will be
fixed soon.

With warm regards

Tobias
--
This above all: To thine own self be true / And it must follow as
the night the day / Thou canst not then be false to any man.