Re: [Exim] Exim's sendmail (in)compatibility: Commandline op…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Tobias Burnus
CC: exim-users, burnus
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim's sendmail (in)compatibility: Commandline options
On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Tobias Burnus wrote:

> I struggle with two problems concerning the Exim's support of the
> sendmail arguments (/usr/lib/sendmail).
>
> a) -t -i vs. -ti
> In sendmail (and postfix) I can stagger the -t and -i option to -ti,
> which fails with exim.

Indeed. It is not documented as working that way, and I have never
implemented it.

> b) the longer -b options are not supported,
> such as -ODeliveryMode=deferred

Indeed again. Those are also not documented as working, and again, I
have never implemented them. Personally, I think they just waste space
in the binary, and cpu time whenever they are decoded, but that's just a
personal opinion. Of course, the whole interface sucks, but I'm sure it
started off as something very simple that got out of hand. A re-designed
CLI would be nice, but all the MTA and MUA implementors would have to
come to a consensus about it. Getting such an agreement would be an
interesting political challenge. :-)

Exim has been deployed for about 6 years. I believe you are the first
person to ask about this. I do not have any plans to make any changes,
because I feel there are more important things to do.

Philip