Re: [Exim] Login Authentication

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Matthew Daubenspeck
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: John W Baxter
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Login Authentication
>Is there a Pix firewall between you and the SMTP port on the machine seeing
>the HELO?
>
>If so, get the administrator to turn off the email training wheels which
>convert EHLO into HELO (among other things it does to "make mail safe").

I believe there is a Pix firewall inbetween, and am trying to contact the
admin.

I am using this server as a test to possibly migrating a win mail server to
exim. So far I have a total of 4 clients, 1 local and 3 remote. The local
(meaning plugged into the same switch as the server) authenticates
perfectly. I know this from exim's log, plus it shows asmtp in the headers.
I have 2 remote hosts that will not authenticate, and 1 other remote that will.

All of the Eudora settings are identical, and I have gone as far as dumping
Eudora from machine to machine. I just can't figure it out....