Re: [Exim] LDAP advise? (new to ldap)

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dan Lowe
Aan: Philipp Gaschuetz
CC: DGrayStephens, exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] LDAP advise? (new to ldap)
Previously, Philipp Gaschuetz said:

> One question though: flat structure vs. tree structured LDAP "setup":
>
> are there any major performance downgrades by having a flat structure? I'd
> think for example, that if you have the data in a normal SQL database, that
> would be much of a performance downgrade - don't know if LDAP works
> completly different.

In my experience, having well-thought-out indexing of your data is far more
important than anything else when you're talking about lookup performance.
For me, it meant the difference between machines cratering completely every
24-36 hours, and machines running smoothly for months at a time without any
trouble whatsoever. (This is with the iPlanet 4.1x releases).

-dan

--
If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?
                                         -George Carlin