Re: [Exim] LDAP advise? (new to ldap)

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philipp Gaschuetz
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] LDAP advise? (new to ldap)
Hi Douglas,

At 23:10 28.01.2002 -0600, you wrote:

>to build something that fits your needs. If you have a mobile work
>force, then you may want to go for a flatter structure. If you have a
>flat structure, then you can always have a use filters to return the
>appropriate records, and you may not be able to get to that data if it
>is in the tree structure. It may be that you want a structure

Thanks for your mail and your extensive reference list!

One question though: flat structure vs. tree structured LDAP "setup":

are there any major performance downgrades by having a flat structure? I'd
think for example, that if you have the data in a normal SQL database, that
would be much of a performance downgrade - don't know if LDAP works
completly different.

We are not talking about massive amounts here (80.000 objects per office (
== per LDAP server ) at most), but still, mail services can probably stress
any database/directory server a lot...

Thanks,

Philipp