Re: [Exim] HELP! Exim processes are running away with 100+M…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Trevor Sky Garside
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Yann Golanski
Υ/ο: Trevor Sky Garside, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] HELP! Exim processes are running away with 100+MB of RAM, crashing my mail servers!
On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Yann Golanski wrote:

> > To update my situation: I have managed to stabalize the mail system
> > enough that it doesn't crash. I've got just the right combination of
> > load-limiting options that seem to keep it going.
>
> Not ideal really... Let us know what happended.

This is my "letting you know what happened" email.

Short story: it's fixed.

Detailed explanation:

I was transferring a rediculous amount of data from the MySQL server
without realizing it. My 'local_domains' line was to blame:

local_domains = "mysql;SELECT domain FROM user WHERE domain='$key'"

I was getting 4000+ rows back each time, because almost every query was on
the main domain. It looks like, even though Exim doesn't care what data
it gets back, it fetches each row. Repeat for every local email address
that process wants to deliver and you've got a whopper of a process on
your hands.

So, I added a "LIMIT 1" to the end and all is well.

We learn from our mistakes.

Thanks, everybody, for the pointers and suggestions.

---
Trevor Garside
trevor@???