Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Filter for Korean Characters
From: "ericb" <ericb@???>
> One of my users is being hounded by spam from Korea. I'm wondering
> if there is a way to filter out the korean characters that show up
> as gobble-dee-gook in his English language Windoes PC?

In my .forward file I use inter alia the lines

if (${lc:$header_subject:} matches [\xA4-\xAB])
then
    save /home/allen/Mail/Trash
endif

to check for a group of odd characters which seem to appear regularly in
the subject lines of spam messages originating (I think) in Taiwan.

So far this has been 100% effective.

I'm still saving my filtered spam in order to check what is being caught,
but the same test could also be used in the system filter.

John Allen

--

John and Catherine Allen
Bofferdange, Luxembourg