Re: [Exim] Rewriting From: for mailinglist?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marc MERLIN
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Rewriting From: for mailinglist?
[Catching up on old Email, sorry for the delay]

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 10:17:40AM +0100, Peter Mathiasson wrote:
> --
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 10:10:46PM -0500, Dave C. wrote:
> > I mentioned in a private message to dman that even MS Outlook (and
> > Outlook Express) *DO* in fact support this function via the aptly
> > labeled "Reply To All" button (which is usually right next to the "Reply
> > To Sender" button.) -- teach your MS users to hit that button to direct
> > replies to the list instead of just the author - in the end you will
> > have a more usable list, and smarter users.
>
> That'll result in email being sent to both the author of the original
> post and the list, and for most people that would not be desired, would
> it? At least I don't like it that way.

Some MLMs are smart enough to realize that you are listed in Cc or To and
will not send you a second list copy.
In the case of mailman, this is only as a patch right now.

Another option if your mail ends up on a unix system (which it probably does
since you use exim), you can have procmail be the delivery agent for all
your users, and use the formail receipee to remove messages with duplicate
Message-IDs, namely:
:0 Wh: msgid.lock
:| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

Marc