Re: [Exim] Cyrus/Exim incompatibility

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Steve Sobol
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Cyrus/Exim incompatibility
At 09:13 AM 1/25/02 +0000, you wrote:

> > Actually, if it's true that there are no standards to be upheld, I also
> > think it would be better for Exim (which claims to be a Sendmail clone
> > insofar as the command line interface is concerned) to accept either CRLF
> > or LF as a line terminator when mail is presented on standard input, if
> > that is what Sendmail does.
>
>I never claimed it to be a clone! It tries to implement the majority of
>commonly-used command line options in a compatible way.

Exim is a clone of Sendmail much in the same way that a Lamborghini
is a clone of a Ford Focus. I.E., not at all, not even close, and Exim
is a much nicer product (IMHO).

It does try to be compatible with Sendmail on a commandline level, but
what popular UNIX MTAs don't? Qmail, possibly, but not any of the others.

**SJS (who recently migrated from Sendmail to Exim)

--
JustThe.net LLC - Steve "Web Dude" Sobol, CTO      ICQ: 56972932/WebDude216
website: http://JustThe.net  email: sjsobol@???  phone: 216.619.2NET