Re: [Exim] Answer A0308 from the FAQ doesn't work for me

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Answer A0308 from the FAQ doesn't work for me
Quoth A. Schirmacher on Wed, Jan 23, 2002:
> Problem is, whenever I want to write an email to hans,
> I get an error as hans is not a user on the box, and
> the email never makes it to the ISP.
>
> I think the Answer 0308 from the FAQ addresses my
> problem but it does not work for me.
>
> I modified/added the following lines according to
> A0308:
>
> local_domains =

> special_local:
> driver = domainlist
> local_parts = user1:user2:user3
> domains = myname.de
> route_list = * localhost byname
> self = local
>

> When sending any mail I get the error message:
>
> exim configuration error:
> transport special_local: cannot find transport driver
> "domainlist" in line 173

domainlist is a router, not a transport or director (i.e., it's
for remote domains).

Now, if you want to deliver mail to existing users on the
localhost, and for other local parts to remote host, you shoud
see Q403 of the FAQ (or maybe use a smartuser director instead).

Vadik.

--
Bell Labs Unix -- Reach out and grep someone.