Re: [Exim] blocking reply to alias?

Author: Greg Ward
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] blocking reply to alias?
On 23 January 2002, Dave Price said:
> Thanks Matt, my original post specifically asked if there was a simple
> way to achieve the minimal funcionality of blocking replies to an alias
> WITHOUT resorting to a Mailing List package.

Usually the answer to these questions is indeed "Get a real MLM".

*However*, I stumbled across this in the Exim spec today while reading
up on completely unrelated stuff:

senders (director or router)
Type: address list, expanded
Default: unset

The value of this option is expanded, and the result of the expansion
must be a colon-separated address list, in the same format as used for
general options like sender_reject. The driver is run only if the
sender address matches something in the senders list (when it is set).
Using this option on a director makes it possible to implement closed
mailing lists (see chapter 42).

This is in Chapter 20, "Generic options common to both directors and
routers". I've omitted a paragraph to encourage you to go read the
whole thing. ;-)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???