[Exim] header munging -- can I do it in a filter file?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: dman
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] header munging -- can I do it in a filter file?
Some mailing lists like to fill up the Subject: header with extra
noise (usually an identification of the list in square brackets).
Since I deliver the messages to their one folders anyways (based on
List-Id or X-Mailling-List headers) this noise is useless and does
nothing more (for me) than to push the actual subject off the side of
the display.

What I would like to do is strip this noise from the Subject: header
before it is delivered to the folder. I think it is possible to do
this with the "headers_remove" and "headers_add" options in the
director config combined with ${sg }, but this requires root to make
this a global configuration. I would rather do this in my userland
filter file, but I don't recall seeing any mechanism to add/remove or
otherwise munge headers in a filter file. Is there a way for me to do
this?

While I'm at it, can I check the "protocol" in a filter file? If I
can't do the above, I could pipe the message to a script that fixes
it, and then sends it back to exim with a different protocol to
prevent looping (similar to what spamassassin says it does).

-D

--

Dishonest money dwindles away,
but he who gathers money little by little makes it grow.