Re: [Exim] fetchmail and RBL checking

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Scott Nolde
Para: Stephen Turner
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] fetchmail and RBL checking
>Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:26:15 +0000 (GMT)
>From: Stephen Turner <sret1@???>
>To: exim-users@???
>Subject: [Exim] fetchmail and RBL checking
>
>As I am not on a permanent connection, I download all my mail from my
>various ISPs using fetchmail.
>
>I would love to be able to discard spam before it ends up in my mailbox, but
>exim's RBL checks only work on the connecting host, which is not very useful
>for me as the connecting host is localhost.
>
>This issue was discussed on this list in January 1999, but the only
>conclusion was "the right solution is to get your ISP to use RBL lists".
>Unfortunately, although I agree that this is the correct solution, it has
>probability of actually happening of about 0.001%. :-)
>
>Has there been any attempt to extend RBL checking to the Received: headers?
>Or does anyone know any other program through which I can filter my mail
>which will do this? Surely with the amount of spam now around, and the
>number of people connecting from home, this is a common problem.
>
 >--
 >Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
 >"This is Henman's 8th Wimbledon, and he's only lost 7 matches." BBC, 2/Jul/01

I was asking the same thing a few days ago and kinda came to the
conclusion you can do such a thing in the system filter with soemthing
like this:

if "${lookup{$h_received:} lsearch {/etc/exim/spammers}{spam}}" is "spam"
    then save /usr/home/scott/mail/Z-Spam
        seen finish
endif

The /etc/exim/spammers file is set up like this:
    domain.com
    spammer.net
    weliketospamyou.net
etc....

I prefer to save the email in a catchall rule. I'm not sure if this is
working, as you must have a list of domains in the spammers file. I hope
the above is working, and would greatly appreciate any pointers.

Hopefully the filter looks in the Received: headers and tries to do a
match against domains listed in the spammers file.

Scott Nolde
GPG Key 0xD869AB48