[Exim] fetchmail and RBL checking

Página Inicial
Autor: Stephen Turner
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] fetchmail and RBL checking
As I am not on a permanent connection, I download all my mail from my
various ISPs using fetchmail.

I would love to be able to discard spam before it ends up in my mailbox, but
exim's RBL checks only work on the connecting host, which is not very useful
for me as the connecting host is localhost.

This issue was discussed on this list in January 1999, but the only
conclusion was "the right solution is to get your ISP to use RBL lists".
Unfortunately, although I agree that this is the correct solution, it has
probability of actually happening of about 0.001%. :-)

Has there been any attempt to extend RBL checking to the Received: headers?
Or does anyone know any other program through which I can filter my mail
which will do this? Surely with the amount of spam now around, and the
number of people connecting from home, this is a common problem.

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
"This is Henman's 8th Wimbledon, and he's only lost 7 matches." BBC, 2/Jul/01