Re: [Exim] message in log file

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Mark Hynes
Para: sherona
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] message in log file
On Jan 09, sherona@??? wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are running exim3.22 on solaris 2.8 and I keep getting the
> following message in the exim_mainlog file.
>
> 2002-01-09 11:13:17 Connection from [216.136.173.226]
> temporarily refused: not in reserve list: connected=50 max=100
> reserve=50
>
> The connectionfrom IP addresses changes all the time.
>
> Do you have any idea as to what could be causing this. Is
> something wrong in my configuration file.

This means you are maxing out on incoming SMTP connections. Check the
documentation for the "smtp_accept_*" options. As far as I remember
the default for smtp_accept_max is 20, so you having 50 probably means
you have it specified in your config file already. ("Not in reserve
list" refers to the concept of specifying hosts in smtp_reserve_hosts,
which will then be allowed to use a number of SMTP connections reserved
for them.

Whether you want to alter your settings probably depends on judging whether
the increase is a temporary phenomenon cause by unusual SMTP activity, or
a result of increased usage. (And of course what your hardware can sensibly
manage)

Hope this helps.

--
| Mark Hynes           mark.hynes@??? |