Re: [Exim] Not your normal SMTP-Auth problem?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: daniel-ml-reply
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Not your normal SMTP-Auth problem?
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Daniel Einspanjer wrote:

> I'm one of the few people who got SMTP-Auth set up with relatively
> little difficulty a year ago, and today I decided to upgrade from
> 3.22 to 3.34. It says that 3.32 is the latest stable code, but
> looking at the changelog from .32 to .34, I didn't see anything that
> seemed to be serious.. maybe I was wrong?

The definition of "stable" on the ftp site is "when Philip decides to
move the alias pointer". This normally happens about a month after a new
release. The definition of "stable" on the web site is "when the
webmaster finds time to update it", which depends on how busy he is with
other work.

Basically, "stable" is a rather flexible concept!

> In 3.22, after exim cracks the encrypted authentication string, it
> states "expanded string: 1".
> In 3.34, it is "expanded string: 0".

What's the expansion string?

I seem to recall that a bug that got fixed after 3.22 caught somebody
else as well, but I can't offhand remember exactly what the bug was.
Exim wasn't diagnosing an error when it should have been.

[This proves the old saying that one man's bug is another man's
feature. Alternatively, if you don't fix a bug quickly enough, it turns
into a feature.]