Re: [Exim] Removing workstation name from mail address

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Odhiambo G. Washington
A: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Cc: Tommy.Einarsson
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Removing workstation name from mail address
* Tommy Einarsson <Tommy.Einarsson@???> [20020107 16:40]: wrote:

What was that again??

> Hi,
> After struggling around a few days with Exim + QPopper + Null Webmail I got
> it up and running as I intended (I'm impressed with myself.......) I have
> one issue left.
> I have a registered domain einarsson.nu. All Win32 programs are set to
> display tommy@???, but mailing from the Linux machine presents two
> diffentrent names.....
> If I use the Null Webmail I get the address tommye@localhost, if I se the
> mail command I get tommye@???, where web is the name of the
> Linux machine.

I must admit that I haven't used Null Webmail (and I'm allergic to Linux) but
I hope that this webmail thing should have an option that allows one to configure
their return address (that's a guess). If not then it should be having a default
configure file where you specify the correct domain name (another guess).
Start by looking at Null Webmail's config file.

-Wash

S y s t e m s A d m i n.

--
Odhiambo Washington  <wash@???>    "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

++
"I'd love to go out with you, but I'm converting my calendar watch from
Julian to Gregorian."