Re: [Exim] multiple pipes in aliases file

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: Jon Kyme
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] multiple pipes in aliases file
On 2002-01-04 at 11:01 +0000, Jon Kyme wrote:
> >Sendmail is happy to pass things to a shell for parsing. Exim tends to
> >avoid that approach. It works for almost every situation.

> I guess the 'use_shell' option for the pipe transport is for those
> situations when it doesn't. Like this one ?

Yes.

"There's more than one way to do it". I prefer to pass it to a shell
script wrapper which uses "$@" to pass through the parameters, because
you then don't have to worry about potential globbing. In this case,
the parameters were fixed so it was irrelevant.

The difference in performance should be negligible -- one very short
file needs to be read in. Otherwise, it's still exec'ing /bin/sh.

(Also, the wrapper approach is easier to remember at forsaken hours of
the morning ;^) )
--
I have a photographic memory. I just have no film.