Re: [Exim] multiple pipes in aliases file

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: Jim Gottlieb
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] multiple pipes in aliases file
On 2002-01-03 at 18:58 -0800, Jim Gottlieb wrote:
> Hi. I'm wondering what the trick is to get multiple pipes to work in
> the aliases file. The entry I"m trying (and the one that works in
> sendmail) is:

Sendmail is happy to pass things to a shell for parsing. Exim tends to
avoid that approach. It works for almost every situation.

> kxt: "|/opt/local/bin/stripmime|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post kxt"

> What's the magic syntax? Thanks...

$ cat <<EOS >/opt/local/bin/mailmanstripwrapper
#!/bin/sh
exec /opt/local/bin/stripmime | /home/mailman/mail/wrapper "$@"
EOS
$ chmod 755 /opt/local/bin/mailmanstripwrapper

and

kxt:    /opt/local/bin/mailmanstripwrapper post kxt

This way, you still pass things to a shell. But you've explicitly
chosen to do so.
--
Those who believe they are free under any form of government are those who
are truely enslaved. -- anon