Re: [Exim] SMTP banner

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc MERLIN
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP banner
While I'm not a big fan of security by obscurity, if people feel they need
to obscure their SMTP banner, they should have to do it themselves. As
others mentionnned, when debugging SMTP connections, I like to know which
remote server I'm talking to, so I'd vote for:

smtp_banner = Exim 4 ESMTP server ready

Note that I'm only asking for '4', not the exact release number.

Ideally, having the hostname in there would be better:
smtp_banner = $primary_hostname: Exim 4 ESMTP server ready

I could live with you removing ESMTP if you wish to (can't say how much it
is used nowadays, but again, I'm from the "extra information can't hurt"
school)

Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key