Re: FW: Re: [Exim] Exim on a single-user system

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Pierre A. Humblet
Para: pbarnwell, dman
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: FW: Re: [Exim] Exim on a single-user system
At 11:26 PM 1/1/02 +0000, Pete Barnwell wrote:
>The only snag with having a MTA set up 'out of the box' is that it can't
>be setup correctly (unless the packager's mastered ESP ;-)); having an
>misconfigured MTA is probably worse than not having one at all, and you
>can guarantee that however good the install/config routine is some
>lusers simply won't know what to put in the fields.
>
>Presumably this is why I see so much mail floating around with a return
>address of '@localhost.localdomain'...

This e-mail gets to you from a Eudora MUA smtp'ing to Exim 3.952
on localhost (a Win98 machine). The configuration file is the default,
with the host name set and the comment removed from the line
# hostlist relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1 : 192.168.0.0/16
Couldn't be much simpler. Have a look at the headers.
The return address is set by the MUA, not the local MTA.

Pierre