Re: [Exim] exim -q "exim: permission denied" problem

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: dman
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] exim -q "exim: permission denied" problem
On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 11:30:07AM -0600, hanasaki wrote:
| Well I am guessing that the below should be set to "mail"?
| EXIM_UID=
| EXIM_GID=

Yes, but use the number not the name.

| However, I am not sure how these interact with the following from the
| Makefile:
| # EXIM_GID=42 # the "mail" group

The line above is not a line. The '#' at the beginning makes it a
comment, and thus has no effect.

| Doesn't the presume that the UID and GID for mail:mail are fixed and

yes

| numeric?

all uids and gids are numeric. The /etc/passwd and /etc/group files
store a mapping that provides nice ASCII names for you and I to use.

| If so, wouldn't it be good to specifiy them as text strings and have
| the exim application dynamically get the right numbers at runtime?

I don't know enough about this to say. Perhaps there is some sort of
security issues with doing this.

-D

--

Pride goes before destruction,