Re: [Exim] exim -q "exim: permission denied" problem

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: hanasaki
To: Tabor J. Wells
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] exim -q "exim: permission denied" problem
Well I am guessing that the below should be set to "mail"?
EXIM_UID=
EXIM_GID=

However, I am not sure how these interact with the following from the
Makefile:
# EXIM_GID=42 # the "mail" group

Doesn't the presume that the UID and GID for mail:mail are fixed and
numeric? If so, wouldn't it be good to specifiy them as text strings
and have the exim application dynamically get the right numbers at runtime?

All of my /var/spool/exim
and /var/log/exim are owned by mail:mail

and the exim application is -rwsr-xr-x 1 mail mail so I find it odd that
there would be a permission denied reguardless for the settings in Makefile.

--
hanasaki@???
Spam : def: It's not kosher.