[Exim] multiple lines of "* ^address$" in sender_reject_reci…

Author: Tor Houghton
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] multiple lines of "* ^address$" in sender_reject_recipients
Hi,

I've tried looking for this in the archives, but I guess my search
criteria didn't match if the topic existed.

Basically, I have the following configured (Exim 3.16):

sender_reject_recipients = @@lsearch*;/etc/exim/reject_file

In "reject_file" I have the following:

   *                       ^savebig$
   *                       ^mygreencard$
   *               ^friend$

It seems that Exim only triggers on the first line; that any subsequent
"match any domain" line is ignored.

Is this something that I should have seen in the later CHANGES files,
or was it never intended to work like this?

(I know I can have them so:

   *    ^savebig$:^mygreencard$:^friend$

but I find it easier to read with multiple lines.)

Or, am I doing something wrong?

Sorry to bring this up if it has already been answered.

Best regards,

Tor Houghton