Re: [Exim] Sending messages with different priorities

Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Enrico Zini
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Sending messages with different priorities

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:43:34 +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:

> 2001-12-11 10:33:42 exim user (uid=33) is defined only at runtime; privilege lost for -C

If you're seeing this, you're wrong about the debian packages providing
compile-time values for exim_user and exim_group.

> 2001-12-11 10:33:42 <= <> R=16DiJD-0005Me-00 U=www-data P=local S=14737
> 2001-12-11 10:39:51 Spool file is locked (another process is handling this message)
>
> Why aren't they going to the logs? mainlog is being written, and the
> directory it is into is writable by www-data.

Check your paniclog. Also, how're you going to write to the paniclog
successfully if you've lost privelege? :-)

> Another question: how can I tell the second exim configuration to route
> the messages to be delivered locally through the first one? When some
> delivery fails, exim tries to notify the sender by e-mail, but since it
> is running as www-data it cannot do local deliveries. Should I just
> tell it that no addresses are local and let it go through the usual MX
> routing for local messages, too?

Well then there's a reason not to do what you're doing. I don't think
you can achieve what you want without giving Exim compile-time defaults
for exim_user and exim_group and not messing around with having the
queue owned by www-data.

Ciao,
Sheldon.