Re: [Exim] Sending messages with different priorities

Autor: Enrico Zini
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Sending messages with different priorities
On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 09:53:18AM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> > Compile-time defaults are already set to user mail and group mail by the
> > debian packages, and they are fine for the configuration of the exim
> > running the normal queue.
>
> Then I don't understand the problem you're having. How are you
> injecting the mail, and is the www-data user an Exim trusted user?

I'm injecting the mail piping it into
"/usr/sbin/exim -f <sender> -C <conffile> <recipients...>" as www-data,
and I have www-data as an exim trusted user.

Mail is flowing ok, I was just asking if there were more precautions to
be taken with this approach.

Now I have another question: I run exim -q -C <conffile> and I get in
console some lines like:
2001-12-11 10:33:42 exim user (uid=33) is defined only at runtime; privilege lost for -C
2001-12-11 10:33:42 <= <> R=16DiJD-0005Me-00 U=www-data P=local S=14737
2001-12-11 10:39:51 Spool file is locked (another process is handling this message)

Why aren't they going to the logs? mainlog is being written, and the
directory it is into is writable by www-data.

Another question: how can I tell the second exim configuration to route
the messages to be delivered locally through the first one? When some
delivery fails, exim tries to notify the sender by e-mail, but since it
is running as www-data it cannot do local deliveries. Should I just
tell it that no addresses are local and let it go through the usual MX
routing for local messages, too?

Bye, Enrico