Re: [Exim] can I use exim filters if I'm not the admin?

Author: Dave C.
To: Philip Hazel
CC: dman, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] can I use exim filters if I'm not the admin?
On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Philip Hazel wrote:

[..]

> > This would also allow people who only want filtering to
> > ignore the rest of the MTA's capability.
>
> Using an MTA just to do personal filtering is using a sledgehammer to
> crack a nut.

Indeed, but exim has a unique filtering language. Perhaps when exim4 is
done (and after you have a good vacation or somesuch), you might
consider culling the filtering interpreter out, and writing something
comparable to procmail, but that used the exim filter language.

Actually, while we are on the subject of additional exim-like programs,
an "exim POP/IMAP/webmail" daemon would be fantastic. Every other
POP/IMAP daemon I have seen works, but is not nearly as powerful as I
would like. Something with a configuration as flexible and powerful as
exim's would be just fantastic. If I could code at all (not counting
bash scriptery) I'd start work on one myself..

[..]