Re: [Exim] system_filter_exim + relaying through provider's …

Author: ScaryG
To: Dave C.
CC: scott, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] system_filter_exim + relaying through provider's SMTP
On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 23:10:44 -0500 (EST)
"Dave C." <djc@???> wrote:

|O|>Aha - that may be related - generally you can only relay through your
|O|>providers SMTP server while you actually connecting through that ISP

But that is exactly what I'm doing.

I'm on a DSL connection with a machine running FreeBSD 4.4-Release. For some odd reasons I cannot directly deliver outgoing mail (probably some filters on Bell's network) so I must relay all outgoing mail to their smtp server.

When I mentioned "work" I meant that I sent a test message to a mailbox on my home machine with an attachmen to test the filter, and the 'bounced' message back to my work office was not delivered to the relaying issue.

In my mail client (Sylpheed) I have the smtp servername set to 192.168.0.1, which I assume then uses exim, which tosses the message off to smtp1.sympatico.ca

-gf