Re: [Exim] FreeBSD ports for Exim documentation

Author: Dave C.
To: Sheldon Hearn
CC: Johann Visagie, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] FreeBSD ports for Exim documentation
On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:54:19 EST, "Dave C." wrote:
>
> | > FreeBSD users with an up-to-date ports tree can now find the alternate
> | > documentation ports under /usr/ports/mail in the directories
> | > exim-doc-html, exim-doc-pdf and exim-doc-postscript. Binary packages
> | > for installation with pkg_add(1) should appear in due course at:
> | >
> | > http://www.freebsd.org/ports/mail.html
> |
> | What about the plain text spec file?
>
> This sounds familiar. :-)
>
> It seems silly to me to install a plaintext version of the spec when
> we're already installing the info file.

Uhm. Really? What about systems that dont have/dont want/dont use
"info", whatever the heck that is? Plain text is universal. Anything
else is not.

(Find me a unix system without cat and more installed, or a unix admin
that knows how to use info, but not cat and more.)

I would *always* install the plain text documentation, and make any
other formats optional/extra.