Re[3]: [Exim] Directors question

Author: Sharun
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re[3]: [Exim] Directors question
>> I need a solution to accept all mail from @yahoo.com ONLY from yahoo
>> MTA's. Any ideas ?

PH> 1. Be brave and become a tester for Exim 4 (see my posting of last Monday).
PH>    This will take a little time, and you may find some bugs.

I apply too many patches (specific of our free e-mail service) to
current 3.33. Like reject after mail from: if callback to originator
domain failed (headers_fixup hook drooped completely with this path),
split of max_rcptto for !local_domains and for local_domains, customized error
messages, pause 5 sec after rcpt to: if return_code match ^[45].. and
maybe something else.

It will be very good if you implement these features in next version,
but, I understand: nude enthusiasm wanna to eat some kind of food,
not words like "thanks" or "you're best".

But i'm in progress reading manual of 3.95

PH> 2. Then at the start of the Exim 4 configuration, write

PH>    hostlist yahoo_mtas = <list of yahoo mta IP addresses>

PH> 3. Then in the ACL you can write

PH>    deny message = yahoo senders must come from yahoo hosts
PH>         condition = ${if eq ${domain:$sender_address}{yahoo.com}{yes}{no}}
PH>         hosts = !+yahoo_mtas

PH> However, this is sure to cause you trouble. Consider these:

PH> 1. What about mail from your backup MTAs? Solved by including them in
PH>    the list, so you have

PH>         hosts = !+yahoo_mtas : !+backup_mtas

PH> 2. What about this case:

PH>    . A message from x@??? is sent to somebody at some other
PH>      installation.

PH>    . The somebody has forwarded her mail to your site.

PH>    . You bounce the message...

PH> There's no solution to that.

Yeah, I know :((
First and last trouble - forwarding.

Stupid yahoo, why not reject RCPT To: at the begin of smtp
session for unavailable mailboxes ? DATA not accepted - too late :((

PH> This message has the distinction of being the first bit of Exim 4 advice
PH> I've posted.

Yeah, Philip, your MTA simply the BEST choice from free MTA's. Postfix
is too (simply russian word... how to translate....? ah! ) hard in
configuration, while exim is very flexibl, and of course, sendmail is not for
over 200k messages/day - especialy for situation like spam wave with
forged mail from:, that point to your domain...

Good work, thank you.