Re: [Exim] Config question

Author: Patrick von der Hagen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Config question
On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 08:48:28PM +0100, Rainer Gehring wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 08:17:32PM +0100, Patrick von der Hagen wrote:

My mail was sent to Rainer privately and not using this mailing-list. So
don't be worried that you missed this my mail.

[...]
> Unfortunately it did not solve my problem. as you see from my log-file
> the mail adress got replaced properly, but the U=gehring part should
> be replaced too                        <=
> Rainer.gehring@??? U=gehring P=local S=722
> id=20011128203338.A20637@???

I wouldn't care for the log-file (not in this case), you should have a
look at an actual mail you sent using this setting. The U=gehring part
means that the User who sent that message originally was "gehring". This
information can be very important so exim must not rewright it in its
log-file.
Imagine user A and user B rewritten to the same sender-address. How
could you find out who originally sent a certain message, if both mail
an log-entry were rewritten.

PS: please use a line-break of less than 72 characters. Thank you.
--
CU,
Patrick.