Re: [Exim] Config question

Author: Rainer Gehring
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Config question
On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 08:17:32PM +0100, Patrick von der Hagen wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 07:39:37PM +0100, Rainer Gehring wrote:
> > I have a problem that I cannot solve maybe one here can help me.
> >
> > I have set up exim to use smarthost on my linux (debian) box. Incoming
> mail is handled properly by fetchmail, but with outgoing I must map the
> username here to another username on the smarthost site.
> >
> > e.g. username foo@domain should be mapped to bar@domain
> > how can I do this ?
> Have a look at /etc/email-addresses. It exists since potato and is
> documented in woody.
>
> # This is /etc/email-addreses. It is part of the exim package
> #
> # This file contains email addresses to use for outgoing mail. Any local
> # part not in here will be qualified by the system domain as normal.
> #
> # It should contain lines of the form:
> #
> #user: someone@???
> #otheruser: someoneelse@???
>
> --
> CU,
>    Patrick.
> "Never run on auto-pilot" - The Pragmatic Programmer

Unfortunately it did not solve my problem. as you see from my log-file the mail adress got replaced properly, but the U=gehring part should be replaced too
 <= Rainer.gehring@??? U=gehring P=local S=722 id=20011128203338.A20637@???

CU
  Rainer
--
Dr. Rainer Gehring                  Tel: +49 7247 824187
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe         Fax: +49 7247 822849