Re: [Exim] buggy exim

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jason Robertson
Para: Exim Users
CC: Dave C.
Asunto: Re: [Exim] buggy exim
Also you could try exim -d -bd if I remember, I haven't done this in a
while.. And then try live connections. But most likely it would
probably be a dns server problem.

Jason

Date sent:          Mon, 26 Nov 2001 12:22:44 -0500 (EST)
From:               "Dave C." <djc@???>
To:                 Gary Ferrer <gary@???>
Copies to:          Exim Users <exim-users@???>
Subject:            Re: [Exim] buggy exim

> Exim is probably trying to do one of:
>
> 1. Trying to do reverse DNS lookup on the remote IP address, and the DNS
> servers are taking very long to answer or not answering at all.
>
> 2. Trying to do an rfc1413 ident query, and you've recently
> added/modified/upgraded some ort of firewall which instead of returning
> a refusal or rejection of the ident packets, is silently dropping them.
>
> To troubleshoot
>

> 1. do 'exim -d11 -bh 1.2.3.4'
>
> and see where they delay is
>
> 2. add
>
> rfc1413_hosts = ! *
>
> and/or
>
> lookup_hosts = ! *
>
> to your config to disable one/both of these functions, and see which
> causes the delay to go away.
>
> After you've determine that, you can either keep the relevant option
> disabled (if you dont need/want it), or fix whatever is causing those
> types of lookups to be delayed
>

> On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, Gary Ferrer wrote:
>
> > Exim has recently developed a problem that I cant figure out. The exim logs show no problem. This just started occurring today, I haven't touched exim or anything else on the system. When my email client tries to connect to the server on port 25, it times out! Once it worked after about 5

minutes of waiting. If I try to telnet into the port, it connects but I don't get the normal message:

--
Jason Robertson
Network/Security Analyst