Re: [Exim] Relaying at ISP SMTP - ANSWERED

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Peter Radcliffe
To: exim-users
CC: Paul M Foster
題目: Re: [Exim] Relaying at ISP SMTP - ANSWERED
Paul M Foster <paulf@???> probably said:
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 08:27:18PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > If you want more convincing, please go and read RFC 2821. I can assure
> > there is NO WAY Exim can "ask for a relay". There just isn't such a
> > facility in the protocol.
> I glanced over this RFC. It makes little mention of the "handshaking"
> that occurs prior to the first 220 reply from the smtp server. It is

You're not reading very closely, then.

> likely in this handshaking period that the client requests a server for
> relay. The fact is that the dialog that occurs between client and server
> prior to the 220 reply is what determines whether I'm connected to a
> system which acts as an end point or a relay.

So, let me get this straight; you're arguing with the author of an MTA
about the capabilities of SMTP when you havn't even read RFC2821
closely.

Listen to what he says. He's right. You're completely misunderstanding
SMTP, there is no way in the protocol to "request a server for
relaying". Either that server will or will not relay your message, but
it's determined by the configuration of that server or things like
SMTP AUTH not some non-existant handshaking you believe exists.

P.

--
pir                pir-sig@???                 pir-sig@???