Re: Shared libs on Solaris (was: Re: [Exim] LD/Exim errors)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: Shared libs on Solaris (was: Re: [Exim] LD/Exim errors)
Jim Knoble <jmknoble@???> probably said:
> Circa 2001-Nov-14 14:33:28 -0500 dixit Peter Radcliffe:
> Argh, no. LD_LIBRARY_PATH has two horribly conflated uses (linktime
> library path [-L] *and* runtime library path [-R]) and should never,
> ever be used. Ever. Not even if you're Bruce Campbell and wearing a
> chainsaw for a wristwatch.

I disagree. Never caused me any problems, iff used correctly.

> LD_RUN_PATH is supported by the runtime linker at least as far back
> as Solaris 2.4, and is a slightly cleaner form of evil.

No mention of LD_RUN_PATH in man ld.so.1 on Solaris 8, just in ld(1)
where it mentions it as a default if -R is not supplied.

> : Not really, I build them all the time with no problems. I have a
> : good site.def so xmkmf things Just Work, otherwise it's a few more
> : -R settings.
> You must have a relatively recent Solaris. :)

No, I've been building my own site.def files since ~ Solaris 2.3.

http://www.pir.net/pir/hacks/site.def

P.

--
pir                pir-sig@???                 pir-sig@???