Re: [Exim] IMAP audit for generic email accounts

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: Ken Jackson
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] IMAP audit for generic email accounts
On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 06:25:46PM +0001,
Ken Jackson <K.Jackson@???> is thought to have said:

> Apologies if this is not the correct forum for this particular enquiry.
>
> I have Exim v3.3 running on a Solaris v2.8 system, and we have lots
> of generic group email user accounts where different people share the
> same email account and password, with remote access to the account using
> Netscape messenger or web-based http web mail imap clients.

I'm sorry. Shared accounts only lead to security problems, IMO.

> Is there any way to examine an audit entry of any particular IMAP connection,
> to examine the IP address of whoever used the email account, with date
> and timestamp, to satisfy our Security/Audit Manager? And if so, where would
> that audit file or imap log be kept?

This is not a question we can answer for you as it has nothign to do with
Exim. Exim is a SMTP server. It doesn't do IMAP and it doesn't do web mail.

You'll need to look at your httpd/web mail/imap configs to figure out where
they log on your server and then look at those logs to determine if they
have what you need.

Tabor
Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality