Re: [Exim] Virus Scanning with mailhubs

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Peter Benie
Para: exim-users
CC:
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Virus Scanning with mailhubs
In article <Pine.WNT.4.40.0111122117530.980-100000@???> you write:
>On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Mike Richardson wrote:
>> =======         =========
>> | Hub |<=====| Virus |
>> |     |      | Scan  |
>> |     |=====>|       |
>> =======      =========

>I did some experiments with this, because it was how I'm planning to
>introduce the same thing here. My 'solution' was to do set up a router,
>specified, before the one which delivers mail on from the hub to its
>destination, with something like:
>
>  unscanned_mail:
>    driver = domainlist
>    transport = remote_smtp
>    route_list = "* mailscanhost.mycorp.com byname"
>    condition = ! ${eq {$sender_host_address}{192.168.1.1.}}

>The idea is that the router is only matched if the host from which the
>mail was received does not have the IP address of the scanning host, so is
>'unclean'.

I tried something very similar on one of our machines. It worked for
normal messages, but when it handled a bounce message, it looped. I
haven't had time to do any detailed experiments to work out why, but a
reasonable guess is that sender_host_address wasn't set correctly for
the bounce message.

Peter