Re: [Exim] Documentation

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: Marc Perkel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Documentation
On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Marc Perkel wrote:

> The documentation is pretty good but often not entirely complete - or in many cases it's a matter of hunting up
> commands that one of the problems is that the commands are spread out in different places. Sometimes you're
> looking for a command to do something but you don't know what it's called or there's terminology that experianced
> users are familiar with but new users are not. If you don't understand the terminology - you can read it and it
> doesn't go into your brain.
>
> Or - sometimes - yes - I am just too lazy to look it up. There's people here who just know things from experiance
> who can quickly answer simple questions. Sometimes I answer simple questions for other people. That's what this
> list is about.
>
> No matter how well written the docs are - it can always be better. And there are always people trying to do things
> that no one ever expected someone would do. And just because something is in the manual doesn't mean that it's
> easy to find there.

Well, nothing is perfect, but as I note, the exim documentation is very
well written.

I found the reference to require_files, and the explantion for the "+",
in just a few seconds with a simple text search.

> I think anyone should be able to ask anything they want without being hassled by someone for it. Even if it is in
> the manual.

If you had posted only to the list, indeed. But you sent this to me
personally. You will also note I *did* include the answer to your
question after pointing out the documentation.