Re: [Exim] Sending Messages to /dev/null

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Martin Cameron
Cc: exim-users@exim.org
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Sending Messages to /dev/null
On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 03:19, Martin Cameron wrote:
> We host a domain that is very similar to another ISP's domain. As a
> result, we get a lot of email coming to us bound for them which we
> simply want to pipe to /dev/null.

As an addition to Matthew Byng-Maddick's message, the most efficient
thing for you to do is to bounce unwanted messages at SMTP time - then
they don't even cross your network into your mailhost for it to then
throw away.

To do this you need set some of the receiver_verify options (there are a
group of them), and make sure the directors which handle that domain
also handle verification. Then a
:fail:You probably meant to send to zz.dom.ain instead

entry in an alias file will bounce the message during the SMTP
transaction - handing off 90% of the real work involved to the sending
MTA rather than your box.

    Nigel.