Re: [Exim] many incoming same emails to many users

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Leonardo Boselli
A: Derrick, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] many incoming same emails to many users
On 11 Nov 2001, at 8:06, Derrick wrote:
> I would like to force a few incoming mailing lists to just a central
> location of some sort, that everyone who wants access to can find very
> easily. There are several hundred subscribers to the same mailing
> lists (softimage is the big one).
> @ ways I can think of to handle this, is ask the moderator ofthe lists
> to not allow more than 1 subscription from our domains, and the one
> account stores the mail where everyone has access to it. The other way
> is to use exim to store all the messages in 1 location. Any
> thoughts worth sharing from people on this list? Thanks..

All is dependent on how the lists are set, what programs they use
and how users retrieve mail.
1. I use a similar arrangement allowing more users to access an
imap box, with read only permission.
2. However i am also the manager of the list, so i could arrnage
easily the replies.
3. You should ask authorization by the list owner to do this
4. S/He should set all your user as nomail . Not in all lists this is
possible, otherwise they could not be able to post
4a. OR you can set a filter (or just a director) in exim that forward
all messages from a certain address (usually the origin from a list
is easily recognizable) to a single dropbox, irrespectivery on how
many recipients there are. You have to tell your users of this.
5. If the list has less than a couple of message a day there is no
definite advantage.

Leonardo Boselli
nucleo informatico e telematico
Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile