Re: [Exim] 2 MTA's on the same host

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dan Egli
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] 2 MTA's on the same host
To do something like that you'd likely need 2 IPs (No flames if this is
wrong please!). Example:

192.168.0.1 recieves mail, sends it over to 192.168.0.2 (same machine,
different IP) port 7777. That MTA then recieves it and processes it. Each
one is configured to listen to their IP only. The problem is that Exim
resolves All DNS queries to IPs before contacting any remote boxes. So if
remote_ip_addr == my_ip_addr, exim won't work because it's trying to prevent
a mail loop.

Perhaps that should be an Exim v4 feature? :>