Re: [Exim] Exim beginner problem

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Greg Ward
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Maj Krzysztof
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Exim beginner problem
On 06 November 2001, Maj Krzysztof said:
>     I'm Exim beginner and I have some problems to configure this MTA.
> I have Linux Mandrake box with Exim compiled and installed by me. My comp
> have hostname syrius and my local domain is myhome. I have small Intranet
> with 192.168.1.0/24 addresses. DNS in this local net doesn't exist. My
> computer syrius.myhome have dynamic ppp interface to the Internet. I want
> to permit computers from local network to send letters to Internet and of
> course in local net.

What you want to do is fairly tricky. If you're an experienced mail
administrator, it shouldn't be too hard to get Exim working for you, but
if you're new to both Exim and mail administration... well, good luck.
You're going to need it.

There's a whole section of the Exim FAQ devoted to intermittently
connected sites. See
http://www.exim.org/FAQ.html#SEC259

Note that the rest of the FAQ is also very useful!

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???