Re: [Exim] executable filter use?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Greg Ward
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: D.M.Chapman
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] executable filter use?
On 01 November 2001, D.M.Chapman said:
> Just a quick one - how many people are using the "Generic Windows
> Executable Content filter" on their systems? We have been running a
> version of it for a while now to get an idea on the level of attachments
> being but although I think we ought to put this in place and bounce
> non zipped executables I am having "difficulties" persuading managers...

I'm using a system filter derived from Nigel's "Generic Windows
Executable Content" filter. The main changes I've made were
reformatting Nigel's regexes for readability (I've since learned that
his filter is autogenerated -- d'oh!) and adding blocking of the SirCam
worm.

This is on a small site with about a dozen users with between 800 and
1100 incoming messages on a typical workday.

The filter seems to reject between 3 and 10 viral messages a day. I
haven't had any complaints since setting it up, and I personally haven't
received any viruses since then. Works great for us; I see no need to
install a real virus checker.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???