Re: [Exim] AUTH_LOOPBACK, anyone?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: bhoc
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Philip Hazel
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] AUTH_LOOPBACK, anyone?
> Isn't this called RADIUS?

Yes, sort of. Poor man's RADIUS, I'd say ;-)

And then there's RFC 2222 (and a bunch of others, I guess).
The problem is that the [*x] community could not yet agree upon a commonly
supported method (i.e. one that you find in every distribution - some use
shadow, others use ldap, then there's PAM, squid again rolls its
own methods... hasn't there yet a standardizable method emerged that is
simple and secure enough to be accepted everywhere? Would make *much*
easier... so for an application the only thing is a call to, say, auth_user
() and that's it. I know, PAM does something similar, but I'd prefer some
RFC-backed solution...

-- Ben