Re: [Exim] keeping tabs on lists

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John W Baxter
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Phil Chambers, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] keeping tabs on lists
At 18:19 +0100 10/25/2001, Phil Chambers wrote:
>I have set my system up to manage lists along the lines set out in section
>42 of
>the Exim manual. I would like to see which lists have ceased to be used. The
>obvious answer would be to add a dummy user to each list but I don't want
>to have
>to create a user corresponding to each list and then have to periodically
>empty
>all their mailboxes, etc.
>
>Ideally I would like to just do the equivalent of "touch /dirxx/listname"
>every
>time a list is used. Then a simple "ls -lt /dirxx/" to get a list of the
>names
>of the lists in the order of oldest-used-first.
>
>Any ideas on a tidy way of doing this?

Unless tracking the access time has been turned off in the file system in
question or doesn't happen in your Unix,
ls -la
will sort by most recent access time (just as ls -lt sorts by most recent
modification time). Give it a try.

Actually, we're just now installing a system on which it is off in a couple
of large file systems, for a small performance gain.  ;-)
--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA